London Zen Group Mailing List
The very best way to keep up to date with what's going on with the London Zen Group, is to join the mailing list. - Here we will inform you if there are to be any closures, special events, guest directors, etc etc - this website won't always get things the email list will!
Click here for information on how to sign up for the list
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a look before you email us - Your question may be answered here :-)
Click on the question, for the answer:
Show all answers | Hide all answers
- "I'd like to try zazen, can I come along to one of your Introductory sessions/ classes/ meetings?"
YES! Please check the schedule
(they are weekly, Mondays at 1900 at London Bridge, Thursdays at 1900 at Caledonian Road, and Saturdays at 1700 Also at Caledonian Road) - you can come along to any of the introductions listed - there no need to contact us in advance
The Southeast (Brockley/Crofton Park) Group and the Warren Street (central)Group do not have scheduled introductions - please contact Anette for Crofton Park or Lana for Warren Street in advance to arrange one
The South (London Bridge) group does not
meet on Bank Holiday Mondays. Please be on time.
- "I came last year (or other time span) once or twice, is it OK if I come back?"
YES! - Please check the schedule
You may or may not want to come to another introduction - that's up to you, best to turn up early just to get re-oriented.
There is no need to contact us in advance.
- "I've done lots of meditation in the past, do I need to come to an introduction?"
YES! - unless you've been practising zazen with an azi-affiliated dojo/group.
We may have specific forms and etiquettes that you are unfamiliar with and harmonising with each other is very important to us. So please do come, just once, for a short introduction to see how we do things.
- "I usually sit with a different AZI group - do I have to come to an introduction if I want to come to this one?"
No, we do things essentially the same way in nearly all AZI affiliated groups, best turn up a bit early the first time so you can see where the zafus are kept etc...
- "Are you still sitting on Monday? (or Thursday, or whenever)"
Yes! - that is so long as you are talking about one of the days on the schedule
- And DO CHECK the Front page Announcements as well as the Calendar of Events!! We will post any closures up in these two places as well as announcing them on the email list and (usually) putting them up on our facebook page
Send Us An Email
Please use the following form to send an email to a representitive of the London zen groups
We will not share your email address with anybody.