Caledonian Road – North London Zen Dojo/Group
Caledonian Road – North Zen London Dojo
The North London, Caledonian Road Zen Dojo is a small, friendly group of people who meet in this dedicated space to practice traditional Soto Zen (Zazen) Meditation. We have been established in North London for over 25 years, 5 of them at the Caledonian Road Location (previously we were in Highbury). Join us every day for zazen – we are a 5 minute walk from the Caledonian Road underground station. Interested in the mindfulness meditation thing? It’s not that new. 🙂 Just sit, pay attention, and be still and upright in the midst of what arises.
Beginners welcome we have twice weekly introductions (20 minutes long) – on Thursday evenings at 7pm and Saturday evenings at 5pm – each followed by our normal meeting period – there’s no need to book – but we do start promptly at the times listed, so best come a wee bit early.
- The dojo will be closed for zazen on Saturday 6th October, 2018 as we’ll all be at the Workshop with Issho Fujita – why not register and attend?
- We sit every day at Cally Road
- M/T/W/F mornings at 7am,
- Thurs evenings at 7:30pm (intros at 7pm)
- Sat evenings at 5:30pm (intros at 5pm)
- and Sun mornings at 9am
Caledonian Road Centre
486 Caledonian Road
London N7 9RP
Group Responsible: Lana Berrington
Please contact EDGAR on 07841 323 260
Caledonian Road – Piccadilly Line
Caledonian Road and Barnsbury – London Overground (15 minutes down the road, walk or take bus up Caledonian Road from here)
From Caledonian Road tube station: Turn left coming out of the station, walk up the street and cross to the other side. Pass the Tesco, over the bridge, across Stock Orchard Street. You will see a pharmacy right by the bus stop. Our door is on the right side of the Pharmacy, it is exactly on the other side of the bus stop . Buzz the intercom that says “ZEN”, it’s up top. Our door is at the end of the corridor on the right.
Click here for a Caledonian road Bus route map – Busses 17, 91, 153, 274 and 259 are all very close by.
Local street parking is free before 8:30am and after 6:30pm Monday to Friday, and before 8:30am and after 1:30pm on Saturdays. It is free on Sundays. Additional parking restrictions exist on Arsenal home match days. Inside of these hours, there is pay-and-display for a 2 hour maximum. There is a motorcycle bay around the corner on Stock Orchard Street, and bicycle lock stands outside the door.
To help us with our rent and bills, we request:
– £5.00 recommended, £3.00 concessions (really broke? pay what you can)
– or monthly £25 recommended, £30 ordained
(paying monthly allows you to attend any of the 4 practice places we have in London)
- Sunday mornings, after zazen, we practice samu (mostly cleaning) for 20 minutes before sitting down to coffee/tea/biscuits
- If you want to chat about your practice, please contact Lana and make an appointment